Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By submitting Personal Data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
Who we are
DietitianEntrepreneurs.com and Clairmont Clinics & Consulting are owned and run by Stephanie Clairmont, a Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Coach and entrepreneur in Waterdown, Ontario, Canada.
Stephanie Clairmont is the data controller and she is responsible for your personal data. If you need to contact us about any privacy-related questions, you can reach us at email@example.com.
What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Data related to any communication that you send to us through the contact forms on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us, such as your name and email;
- Data related to any purchases of our online courses, such as your name, email, billing address, contact details, purchase details and your card details;
- Data provided by you when you register to our website to participate in our online courses, such as your name, email, address, and a user name and password that you select;
- Data provided by you when you opt-in for our wait lists, and allow us to send you marketing or promotional materials, such as your name, email and marketing preferences;
- Data obtained on our website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, weblogs and other communication data when you visit or use our site.
How we use your personal information
By default, we only process the minimal amount of Personal Data necessary to operate our business properly. We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data such as data regarding racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic or biometric data, nor information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- We process communication data for the purposes of replying to your enquiries, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- We process customer data to supply the products or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- We process registration data to identify who you are, to give access to the course you enrolled, and to facilitate your participation in our community. Our lawful ground for processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
- We process marketing data to provide you with information, promotions, special offers and free resources. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We process this technical data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website and to deliver relevant website content to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests to properly administer our website and our business, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Sharing your information
We do not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We only share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or any of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When we hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as information storage, maintaining databases, email marketing and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function and in accordance with our instructions. All third parties to whom we transfer your data are required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are data files that are stored by your internet browser or your computer, and which often include an anonymous unique identifier. The webpages you browse are then able to recognize some information contained in the cookies stored by your browser.
To maintain our website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
After you give us consent to store cookies on your device, this information will be stored for when you browse the site next time. You can withdraw this consent at any time by deleting cookies for each of the browsers, that you use (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
While some cookies are necessary to ensure proper communication with the website, some cookies may also contain anonymous analytical information about your browsing to display content relevant for you, and may be stored for a longer period of time. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to prevent the loss, misuse, access, disclose, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
We allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We store all the personal information you provide on servers, protected with passwords and firewalls. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever 100% secure or error free. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet or by email. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
To use certain features of the website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account.
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you when you visit or use our website is stored on servers owned by third parties and currently located in the US. Our present providers are certified under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework which ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data.
For how long do we keep your data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Data from children
Our website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older and we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child, please email us at email@example.com.
Privacy Officer: Stephanie Clairmont
Full Address: 28 Boulding Ave Phone: 519-500-8646
Last revised: June 5, 2018